Saturday, November 6, 2010

Martha's famous Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I would like to pay tribute to my friend Angela's mom, Martha Fairfield. When we were kids Martha made this for us and before they moved away she gave my mom this recipe. My mom passed it down to me and I've been adding my own little twists and ingredients ever since. I must say its a real crowd pleaser!

Martha's Chicken Enchilada Casserole

1 Rotisserie Chicken (pulled apart)
1 Can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can of diced green chili's
1 Can of chili with no beans
1 Bag of Mexican shredded cheese
1 small can of diced black olives
1 bag of flour tortillas (I've also used whole wheat but they don't hold up as well as flour)

Preheat oven to 350. Remove chicken from bones, shred and place in large bowl. Combine chicken, soup, green chili's and chili with no beans and stir well. Place half the mixture in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish. Tear tortillas into pieces and cover the mixture with the tortilla pieces. Put the rest of the soup mix on the top of the tortillas and top with lots of shredded cheese and black olives. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Take foil off and bake for another 10 minutes. When cheese is melted, its ready to serve!

I've also made this with rice. I  just made a box of Mexican Rice-A-Roni and added that into the soup mixture.

This is a great meal to take to a pot luck or friends house. I often make it ahead and just bake it before I leave for the party.

Bone Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment