Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Breakfast

Who's in the mood for some Sunday Breakfast?

So I found this recipe in a cookbook my mom gave me as a wedding gift. Its called "New Cookbook Bridal Edition" and I highly recommend it. There are tons of simple, delicious recipes in this book and I've used it countless times. I didn't have everything to make this recipe so I used what I had. Its in the oven now so I'll let you know how it turns out :)





Farmers Casserole

Nonstick cooking spray
3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1 cup diced ham or Canadian bacon (I cooked some bacon and used that instead)
1/4 cup green onions (I used fresh spinach leaves instead)
4 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
salt
pepper

I also added chopped olives with the spinach. To be honest I think you could probably add just about anything to this (Mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes etc. and it would turn out good)

1. Coat 2-quart square caking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham, green onions.

2. In a bowl combine eggs, milk, salt & pepper. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture.

3. Bake, uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. It was delicious! My only suggestion for next time would be to make it in a square pan instead of rectangle. It was too think in a rectangle but tasted great. Would be good with sausage too :)

    ReplyDelete